Tuesday 21 December 2010

Have you heard of GALLIUM?

There is a rather strange metal called GALLIUM.
It is used in LEDs and TFT screens.   It has very strange properties.  It melts and turns to liquid at about 29*Celsius.  It gives off light if electricity is passed through it, and most importantly to us.  It is an extremely rare metal and it's use in electronic devices is increasing.
I read on one site is could be an extinct metal within a decade.  Although I don't believe this personally, rare metals are prone to spikes in price once in a while ( Palladium in the year 2000)
Are we looking at an overlooked investment metal?
Most supply is from China and they have reduced exports of rare earth metals by 80%.  I've certainly not had any luck with my enquiries into buying the metal.

It seems to have excellent potential for long term investment.  Its safe to handle and can be stored for a long time.  I don't think it'd be difficult to sell the metal when one needs to cash in your invesment, but I'll look into that a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment