Tuesday 14 December 2010

Copper 1 kilo bars ready for sale

I got the copper 1 kilo bars back from the polishers today and I can't believe how shiny they are.  
 It was quite hard taking a picture of them because they're so reflective.
I will be discounting this first batch of 22 bars because there are some marks on them that couldn't be polished out. The next  lot of bars will be polished before the stamping process. They are handmade so I guess they'll always have slight imperfections.
Bars will be vacuum sealed in plastic to keep the shine and for the many years they'll be in storage.

I'd like to hear what people want.  If people would like a half kilo (1pound) bars or maybe 2 kilo bars. Please email me any thoughts.

I noticed this article the other day which was interesting. Dated last year it's clear the price of copper/ tonne has shot up since then.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/5160120/A-Copper-Standard-for-the-worlds-currency-system.html

No comments:

Post a Comment