Saturday 3 September 2011

TIN Bullion Stamp finally made!

Finally, after about 6 months of trying I got this stamp made.  In Britain, manufacturers are protective of their knowledge and contacts because they want you to put the work through their company.
That's fine, but, if they see you as a tiddler and not having a big order for them they don't want to know.  Emails will get ignored or people will be in a meeting, that sort of thing.
Finally I got the name of a stamp maker and got in touch.
Everything is 3D these days with manufacturing. You make a model, it has all the dimensions on etc.  Well, not with stamp making it seems.  So a lot of diagrams later, I got to see the finished product at the workshop.
The workshop was very old fashioned, with what looked like grinding machines and old men looking through lenses.  The skill involved seemed similar to watch making.  No youngsters I noticed. That's a bit of a bad sign I think.  Maybe all the youngsters are doing media courses instead of wanting to work in industry.

Hopefully in the coming week I'll have all the Tin bars stamped along with 150 kilos of Copper bullion.
The Tin bars are fine as they are without markings but people want to see the stamp of authenticity, the weight and origin of the bar, even though the receipt will verify it.

I'm still in the process of getting 50gramme copper coins made.  I got the name of a coining company, so I'll get some coin designs done and post them on this blog.  I'd like them to be quite plain to be honest because the idea of owning them is that they could be used as a coin in case a currency collapses.  People will see the value of the metal weight of the coin, rather than it having a value stamped onto it, as if it a promise from a government.
How much is 50grammes of Copper worth after an economic collapse. I'd say exchanging it for a loaf of bread would be reasonable.

Hope you like my ramblings. If you've got any thoughts and ideas about the value of metals in the years to come, please leave a comment.

buycopper.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment