Wednesday 20 April 2011

Restruck copper bars!

Not satisfied with the stamping of the 85 copper bars I took them to a another pressings workshop.
They do prototype pressings for Aston Martin, McLaren, Jaguar and many other top British brands.
It was amazing to be honest.  The chap put the copper bars on an enormous press and pressed each bar with 100tonnes.  He took care restamping and not one bar was double stamped, which was something I was quite worried about.
It instantly cured the problem of the missing 'O' from the word Kilo and the missing 'R' from the word copper.
The bars are all as bright as a button and I've placed them in a zip lock bag to keep the oxygen out.

America
There seems to be a lot of interest from America and I've not sold to America before so I phoned FedEx to see how much it would cost to send to Texas as an example.  The price I was quoted was
£118 for 10kilos which is quite expensive per kilo
£286 for 50 kilos which works out quite cheap at £5.72/ kilo
So if there are any American traders out there interested in wholesale amounts of these copper bullion bars, send me an email from http://buycopper.co.uk/ and I'll get the best possible price.

I'll see about having the British VAT removed from bars for exporting to America.  Tax is a bit of a minefield on this side of the pond.
Here are some photo's I took of one of the new copper bars.  I put it on the window sill in the light because using a camera flash with reflective metals tends to make it look very dark.  

One Kilo bar of polish copper bullion



You can see the reflection of the camera and the trees in the garden in this photo.  


A one penny piece added to the photo to indicate a rough sizing of the bar.

I hope you like the look of the bars.  I'm very pleased.  

Rich 

No comments:

Post a Comment