Sunday 10 April 2011

Copper bars being stamped tomorrow. Probably!

Sorry about the delay on the production of the Copper bars.   I can't get them made fast enough.  They tend to sell out within 2 weeks and it takes over a month to get them produced. But, I've been told they will be stamped on Monday 11th April and there will 85 bars.
Coin developments
50gramme Copper coin

50gramme Copper coin www.buycopper.co.uk
I refined the model of the 50gramme Copper coins that will be made.  They're actually going to be 52grammes. (Better slightly over than under). Yes, they will be made from commercially pure copper. .999 or above.
I don't know how long it will be before they're on sale and I don't think there'll be more than a few hundred made this year.

News
The world of metals is getting more heated.  The Telegraph says Australia is pretty much on a gold standard because it's currency is backed by it's huge wealth in gold, aluminium, and all the other ores it has.
Silver has broken through the $40/Oz barrier.  I think it will rise to $50/Oz this year, (probably more)
The Buy Copper silver coins are still a bargain for Brits but nobody is noticing.  : )
Portugal has asked for a bailout, and Spain says it's economy is doing just fine.  I don't believe it personally.
Copper is expected to get more expensive soon as global supply squeeze takes hold.  (Tell me about it.  I saw the price rise by about 25% in a month! )
I'll get a FAQ page on the site to give some rough prices for shipping to different parts of the world. I get a lot of emails about shipping costs.

My address
I had a delightfully rude email from somebody calling me a moron(amongst many other swear words) for not putting my address on the site.  There is a reason for not supplying an address.  The moment any metals trader puts their address on their site is the day before their house is ransacked and they get kidnapped and tortured.
Traders will use PO box addresses and mobile phones. All metals are kept at secure third party locations.  I removed my mobile phone number from the site because I had alarming messages left on it.
I know a jewellery maker who keeps concentrated sulphuric acid nearby in case of break ins.
In Britain only the crooks have guns and until recently possession of an illegal gun often didn't send criminals to jail.

Thats it for now.  It's a lovely day and hopefully I'll have 85 copper bars for sale this week.
http://buycopper.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment