Friday 11 February 2011

One Kilo copper bars ready next week

Sorry about the delay getting new copper bars for sale.

Getting anything manufactured takes time but making these copper bars is a strange process indeed. 
I picked up the 40 copper bars from the polishers on Wednesday and they are perfect!
They're individually wrapped in tissue and when I opened a couple to check, it was a WOW moment.

I dropped them off at the pressings shop today and was told that they will be ready on Wednesday next week (16th Feb)

Some things I've learned from having the copper bars made is how hard it is to get hold of copper.  We take it for granted.  It's all around us and yet when I buy from the supplier there are long delays and I buy every last kilo they've got of the size copper I need.

Other things

So far this year we've seen revolutions in Morocco and Egypt. China is in trouble with a real estate bubble and high inflation and the economic outlook still doesn't look good.  I know the media likes to say exports are up and  the great recession is at an end but if they were correct surely food, fuel and metal prices wouldn't be so high.

I think I'll put my trust in the value of metal over anything a government or bank has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment