Thursday 17 February 2011

1 Kilo of Gallium for sale very soon

I took the plunge.
I've found a supplier in China that is willing to sell me some Gallium.  Luckily I've traded with China before which helps and luckily I'm British and we haven't annoyed the Chinese within the last 100 years so they're still willing to trade with us for now.  If I was Japanese it wouldn't have happened.
I was told however to be careful what I say in our trading.  I'll leave it at that.

The Gallium is >99.99% pure so perfect as an investment metal.  You can see the certificate of authenticity below

What I will probably do is list it for sale as a 1 kilo bottle, but also list smaller amounts for sale.  If somebody wants to buy a smaller amount I'll split this bottle and turn it into ingots of some kind.  If anyone would like 1kilo or more of Gallium please contact me and I'll order some in.
As Gallium melts at 29*C the problem is handling.  It's a bit like chocolate. If you hold it in your hand it will melt. Containers need to be able to cope with melted Gallium turning solid and putting strain on the container.
I've read a good way of storing it is to keep it in those zip lock plastic bags and if it melts simply put it in the freezer so it can easily be removed from the bag.
There is plenty of documentation of Gallium on google and youtube if you need more information.
I read that this metal is going to be extinct within 10 years and the figures kind of support this.  It is an unbelievably rare metal. I read it was extracted from the soot in factory chimneys. You can pretty much only get it from China these days and it is heavily used in electronics.
If you ask me, I'd gamble that this is the most undervalued metal.
As for pricing.  I haven't worked it out yet.  I have to buy the Gallium in Dollars, so the bank gives a crummy exchange rate, Then charges £25 for the transaction, then the Chinese bank charges $30 for turning Dollars into Yuan, shipping is expensive, then when it gets to Blighty, there's import duty and VAT of 20% to pay.
Believe me though.  This is one metal you'll be glad paying for.  : )

If anyone is interested in buying another rare earth metal Indium (used in TFT screens) please email me at info@titanclassics.com
and keep checking on the site http://buycopper.co.uk/ for updates.

Copper bars update.
I'm pestering the pressings workshop to hurry up with the 40 1 kilo copper bars.  They were supposed to be ready yesterday but they've gone quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment