Monday 21 February 2011

1 kilo bottle of pure Gallium

1 KILO OF PURE GALLIUM
Well here is what I've been banging on about for so long.
One of the rarest metals known to mankind.  Doesn't look like much does it?  : )
1 kilo bottle of pure Gallium

I got it straight from China and it cost a fortune just in postage and bank charges. It came in a huge bundle of bubble wrap, presumably to prevent it getting to 29*C and melting.
The bit I find strange about the whole thing with Gallium is, the modern world cannot get by without this metal, and yet, it is much cheaper than gold even though it must be 100 times rarer than gold.  I read one of the ways they collect it is by scraping the soot from flues on coal fired power stations.  Millions of tonnes of burnt coal only produces 30tonnes of Gallium worldwide.
Like Silver this metal is vital for modern electronics.  Gallium Arsenide is used for LED's and pure Gallium for wetting circuits.

I think I'll advertise it as 1 kilo of pure Gallium at first and if there are no takers I'll melt it into moulds, like chocolate bars. That way it suits all budgets.
I won't be able to accept paypal for this because Paypal charges are too high for such an item.  Instead, email me and I'll give my account details and you can pay into that.  Then I'll post it.
If anyone would like more of this I can try and buy a few kilos more. There are no guarantees on getting it though. They've banned selling it to the Japanese, they could easily do it to the Brits.
As an investment I think Gallium is a perfect investment metal.  Any upset in the supply can cause the price to go through the roof.
Palladium is 15 times rarer than gold and is cheaper than gold but in 2000 its price went up ten fold because the Russians didn't want to sell any that year.
The metal is quite safe to hold but I think it holds it value if it hasn't been melted and held in the palm of your hand, picking up skin cells and sweat.  : )
You wouldn't put your hands all over a Silver bullion round would you?

1 Kilo Copper Bars
The copper bars are ready!
They're polished to perfection and have just been stamped today.  They look amazing and hopefully I'll put them for sale tonight on the shop http://buycopper.co.uk/
I'll package them in cling film so they keep the oxygen out which dulls the shine, but you also get to see the bar beneath the cling film.

Cheers
http://buycopper.co.uk/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment